Come help us revolutionize digital media! Are you a self starter who is energized by new challenges and enjoys a sense of accomplishment? Do you enjoy working with dynamic people in a highly collaborative, team environment? If so we want to speak with you.
Dow Jones is currently hiring “get-things-done” technologists with all levels of experience to help reinvent the way we develop products and deliver best in class digital solutions to all of our customers.
You’ve been building iOS apps for years. You’ve lived through the pre-ARC days of Objective-C, spent hours (and sometimes days) battling provisioning profiles and happily made the transition to Swift. You wish automated testing was easier but still advocate for a test-driven development approach. You frequently take the lead on important projects and have strong opinions on team process. You want to build the best possible products for your users and care about making data-driven decisions. You’ve dabbled with Android a bit and maybe you’ve even written and deployed an API to AWS.
You’re looking for more than just another engineering job. You want your work to have an impact.
Come join our team at the Wall Street Journal!
We’re looking for you to:
* Lead a small but growing team of iOS engineers
* Design, develop, and test mobile applications for The Wall Street Journal, and contribute to shared initiatives with other Dow Jones brands.
* Help set technical direction and long-term strategy for future mobile initiatives.
* Play an active role in the product development process.
* Keep an eye on technical innovations and changing trends in the mobile landscape.
We’d like you to have:
* 3-4 years native iOS development experience.
* Experience leading a team with Agile methodologies. If you’ve ever been in an official management role before, even better!
* A strong background in software engineering and web technologies. Previous experience with at least one modern web platform (Node.js, Rails, PHP) is a huge plus.
* Familiarity with API design for highly scalable services
* A natural curiosity and desire to understand and even contribute to the entire technology stack
* A passion for building products your users will love
If this describes you then we’d love to talk to you!
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com