The Sr Project/Delivery Manager role will partner with engineering and product teams to manage and deliver integrated product and platform solutions for a newly acquisition (OPIS)
● Works well with Technical Leads to create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
● Facilitates project teams, manages conflict, understands and tracks dependencies
● End-to-end Total Software Development Life Cycle experience.
● Very strong organization and interpersonal skills
● Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
● Ability to track department-wide initiatives across many teams
● Ability to develop delivery plans and track schedules and roadmaps;
● Ability to do coordination of resources and resource mapping
● Ability to roll up details into high-level themes
● IT background sufficient to understand technical software deliverables
● Shows ability to innovate and implement process and delivery improvements
● Relationship building skills
● Problem-solving acumen
● Time management skills
● Project Management Tools (e,g Smartsheet, JIRA, Trello, Airtable)
● Works well with Technical Leads and adds value to teams (not just a status taker)
● Ability to run efficient meetings
● Proficient with Agile and Scrum methodologies
● Conducts periodic briefings/status updates to stakeholders and executive management.
● PMP Certification is a plus
● 5+ year of experience leading the technical delivery of software systems and services
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
To enter one of our US based offices: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 34959